Matt Weld is a Registered Professional Engineer in California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, with over twenty-five years of experience in a broad range of civil engineering, water resources and land surveying applications. Mr. Weld has led the planning, design, permitting, construction, and post-construction monitoring of hundreds of private, commercial and public projects, with an emphasis on implementing ecological restoration and enhancement projects with stream and wetland environments. Recent focus areas have included fish passage and screening, rural roads drainage and erosion control, agricultural-related water quality enhancements, and sierra meadows. Prior to focusing on the restoration field, Matt spent five years as a land surveyor, and three years as a project manager for land development projects.
Mr. Weld is Principal Engineer and an owner of Waterways Consulting, Inc., currently manages operations at our Santa Cruz office.
His experience includes:
- Ecological restoration analysis, design, and construction management
- Stream stabilization and enhancement projects, using both traditional and bioengineering methods
- Flood control and river training designs
- Fish passage and habitat improvements
- Hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Feasibility studies, conceptual plan development and alternatives analyses
- Erosion and sediment control plans and SWPPP’s
- Site grading, storm drainage and civil improvement plans
- Land surveying
B.S. California Polytechnic State University; San Luis Obispo, CA June 1996 Civil Engineering, Cum Laude. Study emphasis on Water Resources Engineering.