Matt Weld is a Registered Professional Engineer in California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, with over twenty years of experience in a broad range of civil engineering, water resources and land surveying applications. Mr. Weld has contributed to the planning, design, permitting, construction, and post-construction monitoring of hundreds of private, commercial and public projects, with an emphasis on working with multi-disciplinary teams to plan, permit, and implement detailed ecological restoration and enhancement plans. Prior to focusing in the field of restoration, Matt spent five years as a land surveyor, and three years as a project manager for land development projects.
Mr. Weld is the Principal Engineer of Waterways Consulting, Inc., and manager of the Santa Cruz office.
His experience includes:
- Ecological restoration analysis, design, and construction management
- Stream stabilization and enhancement projects, using both traditional and bioengineering methods
- Flood control and river training designs
- Fish passage and habitat improvement
- Hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Feasibility studies, conceptual plan development and alternatives analysis
- Erosion and sediment control plans and SWPPP’s
- Site grading, storm drainage and civil improvement plans, including LID
- Land surveying
B.S. California Polytechnic State University; San Luis Obispo, CA June 1996 Civil Engineering, Cum Laude. Study emphasis on Water Resources Engineering.