The proposed project replaced the existing culvert with a full span bridge and channel restoration features to improve fish passage, habitat value, and flood conveyance. The bridge alignment was located approximately 85 feet downstream of the existing crossing. This alignment was selected to allow continuous access to the campground during construction and to provide an acceptable turning radius for buses entering from and leaving to travel south on Eureka Canyon Road.
Site improvements included:
- Construction of a roughened channel and a large wood structure
- Installation of bank protection
- Construction of bridge, abutments, and retaining walls
- Relocation of a portion of the private driveway
- Installation of erosion control and native revegetation