Matt Weld is a Registered Professional Engineer in California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, with over nineteen years of project management experience in a broad range of civil engineering, water resources and land surveying applications. Mr. Weld has contributed to the planning, design, permitting, construction, and post-construction monitoring of hundreds of private, commercial and public projects, with an emphasis on working with multi-disciplinary teams to plan, permit, and implement detailed ecological restoration and enhancement plans. Prior to working in the field of restoration, Matt spent five years as a land surveyor, and three years designing transportation and land development projects.
Mr. Weld is the Principal Engineer for Waterways Consulting, Inc., and manager of the Santa Cruz office.
His experience includes:
- Ecological restoration analysis, design, and construction management
- Stream stabilization and enhancement projects, using both traditional and bioengineering methods
- Flood control and river training designs
- Fish passage and habitat improvement
- Hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Feasibility studies, conceptual plan development and alternatives analysis
- Erosion and sediment control plans and SWPPP’s
- Site grading, storm drainage and civil improvement plans, including LID
- Land surveying
B.S. California Polytechnic State University; San Luis Obispo, CA June 1996 Civil Engineering, Cum Laude. Study emphasis on Water Resources Engineering.